CAN YOU HELP US TO HELP YOU?
The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’.
Please register as soon as possible to make sure your child and others in their class don’t miss out!
How does it work?
- First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list BELOW….
- Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, contact Lancashire County Council on 01772 531809 who will help you to register or follow the link and apply directly online: Free School Meals
- If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (saving you more that £350 a year). If your child doesn’t like hot meals, we can provide them with a packed lunch at school as an alternative!
- If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets £488 extra!
Registration is confidential and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, providing your annual income is below £16,190
- Universal Credit